The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Reputable Tuners in Co

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YungTlon

5+ Year Contributor
Mar 6, 2018
Pueblo, Colorado
Hi all, I know post have been made like this in the past but they seem to be very out dated. I was wondering if anyone knew of any places in Colorado Springs / Denver area that are good at tuning the car as far as squeezing power out of it safely and good drivability. At the end of the day I can do the drivability tuning on my own as long as the car has a healthy tune under load . I tuned my last motor but with as much money as I dumped into this motor I’m scared I’ll f*** something up, I was planning on going to PFI since I’ve saw that they have been tuning a couples dsms lately. Thanks all!

Attachments

• BB2E46F1-FA54-4B99-8755-A567E329037B.jpeg
    BB2E46F1-FA54-4B99-8755-A567E329037B.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 151
I plan on going to Brent because he has tuned some quick dsms on link and he’s just a down to earth dude ! Just wanted to see if there was any shops that specialize in dsm! Most likely Brent is going to The Who I go to . Plus it might make it on to YouTube! :D

If you want someone who will not give you everything your car can give you. Or want someone who actually specializes with the platform. I can clearly see you only meant to make it onto the internet.

I have tuned over 400 cars on dsmlink and personally own three cars with dsmlink. Non of them are a dsm and two aren’t even a 4G63 if that shows you how good I am with the platform.

I am not PFIspeed. I am not Brent. You are sadly mistaken thinking he has had his hands on numerous, actual fast 4G63 cars. Doing this for 21 years in Colorado, I can tell you who is who and who isn’t.

Last edited:
Although Brent seems like a cool dude and deff the guy for Honda’s. I am not sure about ecm link cars. Just because someone is well known does not make them good at everything. I have been tuning ecm link cars for almost 10 years now and have seen some big name shops tunes that look worse then guys learning on the street. Why don’t you want to tune it urself?

If you want someone who will not give you everything your car can give you. Or want someone who actually specializes with the platform. I can clearly see you only meant to make it onto the internet.

I have tuned over 400 cars on dsmlink and personally own three cars with dsmlink. Non of them are a dsm and two aren’t even a 4G63 if that shows you how good I am with the platform.

I am not PFIspeed. I am not Brent. You are sadly mistaken thinking he has had his hands on numerous, actual fast 4G63 cars. Doing this for 21 years in Colorado, I can tell you who is who and who isn’t.

Why are you insulting the guy just because he’s not choosing you to tune his car? What makes our platform or link for that matter so unique from others?

My issue, is when I finally get mine built, I don't want to ship it out of state for a proper tune. Having local is great for me.

ICraveBoost is probably your best bet, Steve Sampier is the tuner there and he knows his stuff. Nobody in this state is DSM focused with a DYNO. ICraveBoost is the closest to DSM focused. Another option is a remote tune, I use Kenny Kline for my remote tuning. If you are gonna go that route you need to really know your car and it needs to be mechanically dialed in. If you want a chance and getting YouTube clout go to PFI, but remember it probably won't end up on YouTube and that's a Honda shop.

Don’t make the thread if you have made up your mind and want to be on YouTube. There is no insult. Like I said, after 21 years I know who is who and who isn’t in Colorado. Believing everything you see is a poor way to go about it. Tell me when was the last time you saw one of their cars go fast, I mean really fast and hold together for more than one outing. I will wait.

that makes no sense why you would have to send your car somewhere. There are some fantastic people right here in Colorado who have been using the platform for just as long as I have.

And myself, nor anyone I know has ever heard of icraveboost.

What makes it unique is the 75-100 cars I have had to go back through that other locals have had their hands on. Just in the past 2-3 years.

Andrew is right. We made 770hp with a 2g dsm on the PFIspeed Dyno. Recently. And that car never made it to YouTube. Granted I tuned the car, not them.

Don’t make the thread if you have made up your mind and want to be on YouTube. There is no insult. Like I said, after 21 years I know who is who and who isn’t in Colorado. Believing everything you see is a poor way to go about it. Tell me when was the last time you saw one of their cars go fast, I mean really fast and hold together for more than one outing. I will wait.

that makes no sense why you would have to send your car somewhere. There are some fantastic people right here in Colorado who have been using the platform for just as long as I have.

What makes it unique is the 75-100 cars I have had to go back through that other locals have had their hands on. Just in the past 2-3 years.

True that maybe nobody has heard of ICraveBoost because they are very new, but Steve Sampier who is tuning out there has been tuning in Colorado for 20+ years. For the BoostedBoiz fans in the room, he is the one that built Kyles Prelude and lots of involvement in the Bully. I would trust him to touch my car.

I can agree there are some awesome folks bout there. There wouldn’t be so many cool cars if there wasn’t. There are more than enough dynos and qualified tuners in the front range. Take your time and make sure you pick the right person for the right reasons. The long term health of your engine will thank you.

A decade+ back it was easier to identify more DSM-friendly shops in the Denver metro region and surrounding areas, but as the platform ages, fewer shops will have experience with this platform and specific tuning tools for this platform like ECMlink. It might be good to consider people/shops who have experience with both. Steven (@biglady112 - you should add your first name to your sig) actually helped me tune my 1g when I lived out there.

Wherever you go to get the car tuned, please share your experiences in the Rocky Mountain forum here on the site.

Following this one. I had my car tuned by PFI a number of years ago and it ran well afterward, not sure who tuned it though. I'll be looking for a shop before the end of the year to dial in my setup once I get all the pieces back in place (car was stolen & looted...).

I'm one of the hundreds of DSMs Steve (biglady112) tuned many years ago that netted me a 12.05 in my full-weight 16g car when I was in Colorado. I slightly modified the tune when I moved back to sea level accounting for the significant change in density altitude to run my 11.3. Car still runs strong six years later. You can't go wrong having him plugged into your car.

I could care less about being on YouTube I was just saying that would be a cool plus! And I have actually heard really good things about Icrave boost. My buddy sent his evo x off to them . I would love to tune my car as I did before but when it comes to as much money as I have into the bottom end I would just like someone a little more familiar with tuning to play with it. I’ll have to check out I crave boost as I completely looked over that thought.

I can agree there are some awesome folks bout there. There wouldn’t be so many cool cars if there wasn’t. There are more than enough dynos and qualified tuners in the front range. Take your time and make sure you pick the right person for the right reasons. The long term health of your engine will thank you.

Yes I agree. I am way more worried about my motor being healthy than getting a YouTube video made . But with me being from Pueblo I’m not in touch with many guys from Denver and I’m not familiar with the scene anywhere other than Pueblo. I just haven’t saw much around it seems like the dsm scene here is kinda small and I would like to just have someone who knows what they’re doing touch my car!

Do you by chance do cam degreeing?

I do. It is not a pleasant job with the engine in the car however. You are certainly paying for my time if so. Much easier and smoother job on the engine stand.

Would be a great chance to Reseal an engine, put a new timing belt and freshen things up If the engine can be removed.

I do have everything needed to do the job correctly however.

I haven't finished building my engine yet, so even better. Any time I have to do timing/water pump, I pull the engine out. I hate doing those jobs with the engine still installed, so I totally get you on that.

For folks still undecided on who to have tune their car, I had my car tuned by Steven (biglady112) in October. He is telling the truth when he says you literally won’t find anyone better than him. He not only tuned the car but patched up a bunch of issues I had problems solving. I’ve done a couple thousand miles since then and ripped it up Pikes Peak with 3 people in the car and it’s still running like new. Do consider him

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back