The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Replacing pads and rotors

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kprime911

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 17, 2004
Warren, Michigan
Later today I will be replacing my front brake pads and rotors for the first time and I was wondering if I will have to bleed my brakes after the installation?

thanks

no you dont

unless you open the system by replacing the lines or something to that extent which would allow air into the system.

I was under the impression it was every year. Thats why I changed my lines and bleeders to speed bleeders. Think about how much water and air gets absorbed through the rubber in the caliper pistons over time. Just a thought. But, most people don't do it until they think their brakes are going out (5-10 years later).

As a matter of fact, I changed the brake fluid on several cars lately and the fluid looked like mud on almost all of them. After changing that out, the car made a 180 in regards to the brake system. So, keep in mind that speed bleeders would be a good investment and they usually go fo $20 from summit racing or jegs.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back