The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

replacing intake pipe, not sure about something though (picture)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevew1

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 24, 2004
new/east brunswick area, New_Jersey
hello, i'm installing an extreme psi intake but am not sure where to connect some of the supplied hoses:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I'm not sure where that small, thin nipple on the front is supposed to go since my stock pipe has a bolt in that place,

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Also, one of the upper hoses (next to the vc breather hose) connects way far back so i'm not sure if i need to use the shorter supplised hose for that. please help!

On mine it went to the stock boost controll solenoid. On the stock part I mean, on yours I am not sure but that would be my guess.

The thin nipple on the intake is routed to the stk bcs.
I see you have an ebc.
You don't need to run that thin.
I'd find a screw that will fit into the thin vacuum line, and zip-tie that screw in one end, and cut the line a couple of inches long and zip-tie to the thin nipple on the intake.

The other two, one is run to the valve cover breather, and the other is routed to the charcoal canister that is under your battery tray.

The small nipple is for a MBC or boost control solenoid, the largest nipple on the other side goes to the charcoal canister and the medium sized one goes to the valve cover breather. If you have a catch can you dont use this medium hole, so you will need to plug it up. Same with the charcoal canister, if you dont have it plugged in you need to plug up the hole.

I have the same intake from ExtremePSI and plugged up all the holes....
Liked the red vacuum hoses though..... :thumb:

theres 2 nipples on the transmission side of the intake, the smaller one is the breather off the valve cover, and the other is from the charcoal canister. Both can be removed from the intake. You can plug the charcoal canister line, and get a breather filter for the valve cover. The line on the radiator side of the intake is from the factory boost control selinoid. You can get the plugs at advance auto or autozone.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back