The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Replacing exhaust studs and nuts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Noles

Probationary Member
Mar 15, 2022
Linville, North_Carolina
Just a quick question...can I use stainless steel studs and Zinc Hex Serrated Flange Nuts for a 1g 4g63 N/T engine?

Yes thats fine. Use a sealer for the studs like nickel high temp. Also its perhaps best to get copper flashed locking nuts. They are softer and will stay on under temp changes also.

Thanks for your reply EC17PSE. I thought I needed to use some kind of sealer on those studs.It looks like I'll have to use those Zinc nuts though as the copper are hard to find and cost prohibitive right now.I have a lot to replace for this weekend cruiser.Still need a clutch kit and CV axles then a new radiator to go.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back