The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Replacing a 2G Euro ECU with a 1G ECU

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conqeror

Probationary Member
Jul 31, 2021
Europe
Hi,
I have a Mitsubishi Eclipse 2G Euro and I have an ECU for 3 cubes (normally I know it is for 4). Is it possible to connect the ECU with 1G?

The engine is 4g63 and has a camshaft position sensor on the camshaft sprocket.

Almost anything is possible but in this case it's not optimal because there are several things used on a 2G that the 1G ECU doesn't support. It's far easier to source a 2G ECU.

I thought this was a temporary option and that somehow it would work.

Well, I have such an ECU for 4 cubes (photos). However, I do not have the keys for them, is it possible to get around the Immobilizer?

Even if you could bypass the immobilizer, you would definitely have to convert the installation to 4 ECU cubes. And here a diagram would come in handy ...

Does anyone have a schematic for my 3 cube computer?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If you are thinking to use a 1G 3 plug ECU as PnP, then you can't connect as PnP. The shape of those 3 plugs for ECU are totally different. I could be wrong but if my memory serves me well, EDM 2G 3 plug ECU's plugs are the same as the early EVO or RVR HSG/SSG. So you may be able to "connect" those ECU as PnP, but I believe it would require some works (includes tuning) to make it functioned since there are some differences.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back