The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

replacing 2ga spoiler with gsx high rise

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipse_16g

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 8, 2008
Naugatuck, Connecticut
will replacing a 2ga spoiler with the 2gb high rise spoiler leave an unpainted part or will it be staind in any way that would show after installing the high rise?

Wrong forum. The 2ga spoiler is a 3 part wing. both sides of the quarter panel and the hatch, whereas the 2gb spoiler is ONLY on the hatch. You will most definitely have to do more work to switch.

To the best of my knowledge the entire trunk lid and rear 1/4 pannels are painted. Paint fading may be an issue and I'm uncertain if there are any exposed holes from the spoiler swap, but you will for certain need to drill new holes for the 2gb wing.

The is actually a bracket that hold the pieces of the wing to the quarter... The holes will not match up on the hatch neither... You will need to drill new holes on hatch and fill i think 3-4 per side on the quarters... Paint will be like new under the parts that havent seen sun in 15 years

Yes the old holes will show. You can weld them shut underneaty and then apply some bondo on top and spray paint it as a temp fix.

The ones on the hatch wont show..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back