The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Replacing 14b Turbine housing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shdwmsk

Probationary Member
Nov 1, 2019
Ramsey, Minnesota
Question,

I am needing to replace my exhaust turbine housing on my 14b, it is very melted and cracked at the wastegate flange. Too much to just add the larger flapper. So, I have a new 7cm housing on the way. Is there anything else that I would need specific for this? Already have all of the external mounting gaskets (O2 housing and manifold outlet gaskets.) New bolts, studs and nut for O2 housing are on the way, already have all new turbo to manifold bolts and washers.

Should just be able to remove the old one, add the new one and check clocking and wastegate actuation, correct?
Does the stock exhaust manifold (90TSI so 1G manifold) need porting to match the 7cm housing? (Will be replaced next spring/summer anyways.)

Thanks,
Paul

Depends which housing you bought....some are direct-fit replacements, some are not. The better ones will come with a locating pin in the factory location so there's no possible way to screw up alignment. Take special care not to damage the turbine wheel removing the old housing.

The 7cm2 housing will add a noticeable amount of lag and no real performance benefit over an uncracked 6cm2 housing for a typical user, but considering most 30-year-old 6cm2 housings are trashed and leaking at this point there's a good possibility that response will actually improve.

Here is a link to the one I got off of Ebay. I don't see a locating pin in the pictures. Have any tips on alignment?

Response will probably improve over the housing that is on there now. Wastegate hole is trashed.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back