The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Replacement for light bulb for 'OD off' warning in 2g A/T cluster

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waltah

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 2, 2011
fairfield, Virginia
This is the smallest bulb in the instrument cluster and the only one on a long stalk. You wouldn't think it would ever fail (how much time is OD locked out?), but mine did and since I sometimes hit that button on the shift lever, I like it to work. The usual searches of Mitsu parts sites located what may be a number for it: 8180A004 (bulb and twist-in stalk assembly) but of course it's discontinued. I managed to butcher in a replacement bulb by cutting the stalk and soldering on a #7219 bulb but does anyone know of a correct replacement/source?

Info if anyone needs it: All but one (I think) of the other cluster bulbs can be replaced perfectly by #2721. Just yank the bulb straight out of the plastic twist-in base and shove in the new one.

Speculation: Burned out OD Off bulb might mean the car had a dead end clutch for a while and was run that way. P.O. said she thought the transmission had been rebuilt.

Mods -- If this is the wrong forum for this question please move and point me to the right place!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back