The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Replaced slave and master now no start!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gvr4144

Probationary Member
Mar 27, 2017
Loveland, Colorado
Hey all I recent purchased abother gst again after having one maybe 5 years ago. Well the master was leaking into the cabin so I replaced it along with the slave. Well after completion my car won't crank jus clicks. There is some janky wiring (green and blue wire crimped into ignition going behind clutch pedal) where i was working that I'll attach photos of.. any ideas of the wires?? I checked all the fuses they seem good. The starter should be fine was working great no issues prior.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• 20170327_222556.jpg
    20170327_222556.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 47
Yeah I checked the battery and tried to jump it. Also it definitely seems like a relay of some sort. I'll try to find the relay you're talking about. If I find it is there a way to tell if it's working?

Checked it out this morning the relay behind the stereo seems to be clicking as it should. The aftermarket blue and green wires I think may have something to do with the problem. They're wired into the ignition seem like they're connected. (pics attached) but seem to go back by the clutch pedel behind (right where I was working) my harness wires into the darks. Any idea what they were doing? There is gauges a/f (narrow band) doesn't seemed to be hooked up at all and a boost gauge that doesn't light up. But the wires are different too. Thanks guys!

Could be your clutch pedal starter switch (that may not be the formal name). When you don't depress the clutch, the starter wont activate because of that switch.

I looked at the clutch switch but I don't think that has much to do with it seeing how it will start unplugged.. I just tried to push start it and nothing and all =/ I may have to tow it to my buddies shop and have him help me trace it.

(Update) I was actually able to get it push started. Also there was an aftermarket alarm installed on the car at one point. So I disconnected the blue and green wires and hooked them back up factory. One of the wires hacked, I could tell was the same hooked up to my starter solenoid behind the radio (for clutch switch and alarm). Which did nothing still.. So after that I bypassed the solenoid and the car started! So for the time being and until I can find someone that knows a bit more about aftermarket alarms to help me out I'll just run it as so. Thanks guys I'll be on this forum more since I got a 2g again and will try to help out when I can..

Just fyi, unclipping the "clutch starter switch" will actually allow you to start the car without the clutch depressed rather than prevent you from starting it at all. When it's hooked up properly, it'll make it so you CANT start the car unless the clutch is depressed.

Honestly i can't remember what it's specifially called either and I'm too lazy to look it up. Hopefully we're talking about the same thing too...

Just fyi, unclipping the "clutch starter switch" will actually allow you to start the car without the clutch depressed rather than prevent you from starting it at all. When it's hooked up properly, it'll make it so you CANT start the car unless the clutch is depressed.

Honestly i can't remember what it's specifially called either and I'm too lazy to look it up. Hopefully we're talking about the same thing too...
Are you sure? On Nissan it's two wires and they complete the circuit, allowing you then to start the car. If unplugged from the switch, you would be unable to start the car unless you jumpered the wires.
I'm new to the dsm game, but I would think the clutch interlock system would practically be the same.
Your statement, if true, would surprise me for sure!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back