The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Replaced Clutch, Grinds in 1st and reverse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rs_tuner

Probationary Member
Jan 21, 2004
Denver, Colorado
My mom had the clutch replaced one the car and now it grinds when i try to put it into 1st or reverse, it also doesnt go i drove the other day and it felt like the car wasnt movin. but ne ways i just needed to know some quick faqs bou this prob, thnx

Well that can be a number of things. One it might need to have the system bled. two the clutch could be aligned wrong. three the shift linkeage could be twisted up. I would check over the first one which is the easiest.

Definately have it bled. Iam guessing its quite cold where your at. I had the same exact problem and bled the system and voila problem solved.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back