The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Replaced BISS screw and now the car wont idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chavez408

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 13, 2003
Bay Area, California
I didnt really know what to put as the title LOL
But here is the situation - I replaced my old busted biss yesterday with a new one. And when I start her up she idles at 1500 - 2k. No matter how I adjust the biss, idle does not change. Now.. I tried to take her for a test drive and as I drive away I see that the car revs by itself. It is slowly creeping to the higher RPMs. I bring her back home and she is idleing at 4500rpm. I did realise that a small chunk of the old biss was missing and hopefully it is not stuck in there. Im going to pull the TB today and check it out.

Yemp. I see that there is a small piece of the old one way down. I think I'm going to pull the TB tommorow and try to get the piece out. Any other suggestions?

I don't mean to be rude, but when you adjusted your BISS did you ground your timing plug or the indicated pin of your OBD port? If you connect with 'link or any other similar OBD data logger it should ground this pin for you automatically while it "communicates" with your ECU.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back