The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Replace and Turbocharge 420A Motor, or Evo Motor Swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FernandoEclipse

Probationary Member
Jun 14, 2021
Santa Clara, California
Hello,

I bought a 98 Eclipse RS and since the engine is blowned, I have 2 options 1. put the same engine or 2 get an Evo engine.
my question is:

Can I turbo charge a 420a motor?
which Evo motor will fit my 420a engine bay? can I use the same transmission? how or where can I find the ECU for the Evo engine?

You can turbocharge a 420A motor. It has been done many times before. Pre-2007 Evos used the 4G63 motor, which is the same motor used by factory turbocharged DSM's. It will physically fit in a non-turbo 2G DSM's engine bay, but not without a lot of modification. The transmission is not compatible. It would be far less money and work to turbocharge a 420A motor in your car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back