The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Removing throtle body to cas bracket/intake manifold brace.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason84

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 10, 2003
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
whats the point of that big heavy brace? do you really need it ? when i changed my upper IC pipe i took it off... seams like it doesnt really do much i shook around the intake manifold and the engine and didnt seam like it needed bracing.

what did you guys do with yours ?

You think so really...I mean that sounds plausable as well..I guess either or...If a lift point the who cares right, unless you go to yank engine, might want to put back on..

If it was placed there as a lift point, then has someone used it as a lift point? I mean, is it a must to have it? is it that important? It is a little heavy piece of Iron. LOL. And it really gets in the way of things. I honestly find it easier to deal with a fuel filter that this little piece of sh1t.:barf:

That bracket, and the one that is supposed to be bolted to the front of the exhaust manifold are the lift points. I have had this bracket removed for years now with no problems. I found that removing the studs and using the studs from a non-turbo intake work perfectly for this mod and will require no spacers.

You'll need to rework the throttle body ground strap that connects over the intake manifold stay (the bracket your talking about) to one of the bolts and screws into the throttle body. It's there to make sure that the IPS has a good ground.

Besides being a lift point it does support the IM and reduces the load on the IM studs.

Oh I see. Thanks everybody for the responses. I guess I'll just modify/hack the braket so that I can fit the AN fittings.

Thanks guys.

jorge.

When I was installing my fuelrail and injectors there was an iron brace that connects between my intake manifold and the top part of the motor. I couldn't get the fuel line and the fuel rail to fit with it there so I removed it. It appears to be there so you can pull the engine. I see no other need for it. The intake manifold is sturdy without it being on there. I was wondering if I can leave it off or if I should fabricate a new support? It's on the left side of the engine right where the upper intercooler pipe connects to the intake manifold. Its next to the BISS and TPS. Thanks for suggestions.

Actually there's another thread I just saw on this, wiseman Steve said something about it being there to ground the CAS also or something like that. I saw it just yesterday so it shouldn't be hard to find.
I've been running fine without that bracket for over 5 years, so I'd be curious to learn about it being nessacery for anything. Got a link?

When I was installing my fuelrail and injectors there was an iron brace that connects between my intake manifold and the top part of the motor. I couldn't get the fuel line and the fuel rail to fit with it there so I removed it. It appears to be there so you can pull the engine. I see no other need for it. The intake manifold is sturdy without it being on there. I was wondering if I can leave it off or if I should fabricate a new support? It's on the left side of the engine right where the upper intercooler pipe connects to the intake manifold. Its next to the BISS and TPS. Thanks for suggestions.

I actually just ran into the same problem with my AN feed line hitting this bracket. So my solution was to just dremel out enough room on the bracket for my feed elbow to fit. I prefer to leave the bracket there in case i need to lift the engine again. (whoever needs to do that to a DSM? LOL )

Oh I see. Thanks everybody for the responses. I guess I'll just modify/hack the braket so that I can fit the AN fittings.

Thanks guys.

jorge.

I had a similar problem with my AN fittings clearing my bracket. Just use a dremel and go at it until the feed elbow clears. Better IMHO

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back