The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

removing the automatic shiftknob from a automatic 2g eclipse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morbid_eclipse

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 7, 2005
Fort Worth, Texas
hey does anyone know how to remove the shiftknob from a 2g eclipse...im trying to get that plate out that goes around it...and it wont get around the shiftknob...

this is an automatic tranny

twist. LOL. What i did was saw into it and it just came off. Stick a knife into it and twist . LOL!

well i tried...but the stupid o/d button is in the way...i guess i can go try that again..

morbid_eclipse said:
well i tried...but the stupid o/d button is in the way...i guess i can go try that again..

He thought you were talkin about a 5speed I think

yeah i dunno...anyone know how to get the damn o/d button off??

Trying to remember, I took mine out a few weeks ago for the AT>MT. Im pretty sure it's held on by a little clip on the left side of it, and its white. Pry that out and it will come flying out if I recall. Make sure the button is pushed in though, and watch where it goes! Good luck.

stick a small flat screw driver in next to the od button from the outside and pop it out. Then push the white button peice that left behind in as far as it will go and pry the little white box out of the knob.

ok guys..thanx for all the info...i will try this next time im out in my car...well when its just a little cooler...like tonight....because when i was outside yesterday doing this...it was freakin hot as hell...i hate texas summers...i hate summer in general...but this is what im working with...i know you all know what im talking about but i just thought i would share a pic...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

the clips that i think your talking about are no the left...i. tried to push those things in and stuff but it just didnt work...i was tearing up the piece itself....and bent my small flathead screwdriver at the same time..any ideas? I will try to pry the o/d button (the black piece) off from the outside next time im out...but thanx for all your ideas and suggestions and help...

Im in that boat with yah

cant figure out how to get mine off either...
already mangled one at the junkyard.

Got a nice new OD button I want to put in :talon:

you could just de-pin the plug and pull it through the shaft

Attachments

• IMG_1808.JPG
    IMG_1808.JPG
    251.2 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_1810.JPG
    IMG_1810.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 176
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back