The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Removing Rear End

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbotomBoost

Probationary Member
Mar 13, 2012
Valley Stream, New_York
I have tried searching through this forum as well as regular search engines and I wasn't able to come up with exactly what I was looking for. I just recently acquired a 95 gsx as my project car and I'm in the middle of stripping it. Im trying to remove the rear subframe, rear LSD/driveshaft and the rear suspension (got most of it, just having a little trouble getting the knuckle out of the hub). Im a little confused as to what exactly has to come out. I was hoping someone could run down a list of the things I need to remove and the best way to do it. Any help that anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tom

The best way I have done it was to drop the whole rear as 1 assembly. Meaning unbolt the struts from the top, unbolt the upper control arms from the wheel well, and unbolt the trailing arms from the body, remove the e brake cables from under the center console, remove brake calipers, and the 4 subframe bolts and the whole thing will drop as 1 and you can pretty much do what you need to do from there. Hope that helps.

Im in that problem now too. I can't get the shafts to separate from the hubs, so I took the shafts, knuckles, and hubs all out as one piece.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back