The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Removing rear drive shaft for towing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gixrman

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 13, 2002
Frederick, Maryland
I need to tow my car 180 miles and options are:
Flat bed $450
Uhaul car carrier and truck $395
Star Trek transporter beam: Currently on back order :p
Illegal workers with pack mules and several days. $20

So I was thinking if I remove my rear drive shaft and I could get one of those front wheel transporters and hook it up to my pickup. Yes, no or bad idea?

Oh' yea car is not drive-able.

Sure you can. Just remember that most car dollys dont like lowered cars, not sure if yours is. You might be better off with the flat bed. Also a flat bed will usually provide a little more protection to your car from rocks and road debris compared to a dolly.

Have you priced a car trailer from U-Haul or was that what you called a flat bed?

Flatbed is way better. If the car is lowered it will scrape and hit on everything, specially at the angle it will be in. Maybe jsut watch to see if the back bumper flies off or not.

or im sure you must know SOMEONE with a car trailer and truck, but then again if you were asking i guess you dont. Anyway go with the flat bed fo sho:thumb:

Thanks guys, still looking for alternatives. $450 is alot of cash right now that I could spend on other things.

Yes the car is lowered, but with adjustable coilovers, maybe I can jack it up in the rear to compinsate.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back