The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Remove shift knob in automatic

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BotMelon

Probationary Member
Apr 10, 2021
Warrenton, Virginia
I want to replace my shift knob for my 99 eclipse gs automatic, but I don’t want to mess anything up. Anyone know how to remove it?

There is a philips screw in the base of the cover, facing the front of the car. You'll need to have the lever all the way back to see it. Once you remove that screw and cover, there is another philips screw that holds the shift knob and OD lockout button in place.

Where are you going to mount the lockout button with the new knob?

There is a philips screw in the base of the cover, facing the front of the car. You'll need to have the lever all the way back to see it. Once you remove that screw and cover, there is another philips screw that holds the shift knob and OD lockout button in place.

Where are you going to mount the lockout button with the new knob?
Custom making a knob so I will make space for it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back