The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Removal of suspension bushes for poly bushes (or any other bushes)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

While this subject is widely known its not always easy so i wanted to share away i did mine today which took no time at all and zero burning of the rubber or fire hazard!

This is not limited to suspension bushes but subframe bushes or engine mounts etc etc. This will help most situations out.

So we all know and get told to burn out our bushes but its not super safe due to the rubber smoking away and popping off and going everywhere so this way is alot safer.

What you do is get a hole saw just bigger then the inner bush and drill it out leaving a small piece of rubber left inside,

Then you might need to pry back the small amount of excess rubber and use an air saw or sawzall and put a slit inside the outer cup once you got through it use a flat head screw driver and tap it and crack it in half then push it out. Its that simple and 1 bush took me less then 5 mins to do each and was safer then heating it up or fire.

I hope this helps out someone in the future of removing any bushes for poly ones.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Ill add to this. I've done this method many times and it works well. I noticed you used a sawzall or equivalent. This works way better than a hacksaw. The reason being is since you're cutting an interior surface a hacksaw blade will bow up in the middle and wont cut the center of the shell.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back