The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Relocated MAS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bestwestranger

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 24, 2003
Cotter, Arkansas
So we all know that dumping your boost instead of recycling it is bad, right? The MAS has already measured the air, and dumping out the BOV means that you are going to run rich, if it all. So, why couldn't you move the MAS between the intercooler and the throttlebody? This way you could vent your BOV to the outside because the air hasn't been measured yet! Works in theory I guess. Has anyone tried it? The only downfall to my question is the problem of heat. I would guess that the air is going to be about twice as hot at the throttlebody than it would be before the turbo...and I am not sure if the MAS could handle it. :confused:

ya that's what I'm going to use, go to Dejontool's website. They have what you need to do it.

Your Stock MAS is not made to be used in a Blow Through Set up, it was created for draw through set up. It just will not work if you relocated it. What everyone else posted before is that the MAF translator can be used in a draw through or blow through set up because of its design.

-Dave

Thanks for the feedback guys, I just had this idea today at work....I am going to look into the translator...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back