The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

refrigerant prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauleyman

DSM Wiseman
Nov 19, 2011
oklahoma city, Oklahoma
I get inflation but r134a has doubled in price in a year. I'm not finding any less than about 9$ a can. Are you guys seeing the same thing?

REALLY? I am going to put a complete new setup onto the new to me truck I bought so I had better go get some NOW it looks like.
Thats depressing Paul.

Currently sams is cheapest by the case at 99$ .
Tractor supply or walmart comes in 2nd at about 9$ a can.

I paid $92 last year for the most expensive 30lb bottle of 134a I bought the entire year. This year the cheapest 30lb bottle has been $380 up to the last 2 we bought at $425. Our a/c systems are already expensive at the shop and this has significantly increased our prices

Buckle up ladies and gents, it’s gonna get a whole lot worse.

Some are estimating $10+ a gallon for gas, and inflations gonna skyrocket and what won’t help is diesel is gonna skyrocket in price as well on top of that.

Buckle up. Not saying go live in a trapper shack in the woods, but start putting together plans to combat food shortages unless things change for the better(doubtful with more gas and oil leases being cancelled, more war, invasion of Somalia, the shutting down of food processing plants and farms by the hundreds, FDA destroying livestock and chickens, government printing money like its going out of style, and on and on).

You guys are lucky you can still buy it, WA state banned the sale of canned r134a on may 11th 2022.

When I left the dealer a little over 5 years ago, they were starting to use a new refrigerant. R-1234 I think, and it was insanely expensive at first. I wonder if the supply and demand of that new type has increased and caused a lower supply of r-134, increasing the price as they phase it out.

Nope.....R1234 is still ridiculously priced.
Wholesale 10 lb can varies from $500 to $600.

I must be living in a cave. R134a is indeed phased out. Model year 2021 was the last one. It's the r12 nightmare all over again. Better stock up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back