The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Red N' Tacky for Engine Bearings?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSR-VR

Proven Member
Oct 7, 2012
Albuquerque, New_Mexico
A friend reccomended to me to use Red N' Tacky as assembly lube for my bearings. So we did and we preformed the proper torque spec in the correct sequence and the rotating assembly turned great. Fast Forward about a minute with NO changes or additions and we can't turn the motor over at ALL!

WTF

A friend reccomended to me to use Red N' Tacky as assembly lube for my bearings. So we did and we preformed the proper torque spec in the correct sequence and the rotating assembly turned great. Fast Forward about a minute with NO changes or additions and we can't turn the motor over at ALL!

WTF

It's not the red and tacky. That's what we used in the machine shop to assemble engines and never had the first issue.

My dad uses that stuff for his wheel bearings on the boat. Im not saying it wouldnt work, but thats not somewhere I would try and find a suitable supplement.

Found the issue. A rod bearing had an edge on the seating part of it. Wouldn't allow the engine to turn over. Ordered new bearings.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back