The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Recommended Engine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eziomandude

Proven Member
Mar 23, 2016
Dale, Texas
I'm going to be getting either a 1995 Mitsubishi GSX or GST body/shell. I think its a GST the way the bumber is.
I was thinking about putting an EVO 8 in it,but people said it was alot of hassel and money. If they're right what should I put in there?

the evo motor wont work. You wanna make power install a 6 bolt long block(years 90-92 only) 92.5 to 99 are 7 bolt

6 bolts are safer and you can install more bolt ons..

A 6 bolt pre- May -1992 engine block, 2g head and ECM link full version w/ speed density and do all the maintence like timing belt,water pump,tensioner and pulleys ....get some ARP head bolts and Fel Pro composite head gasket .... 16g turbo 2g exhaust mani and O2 housing ,650 injectors , 255 fuel pump and re wire kit and a FMIC with short route piping that will set you up w/ a decent daily that has all the good foundation parts for building a great little DSM that has some get up goes like hell ... ...

6 bolts are safer and you can install more bolt ons..

What makes a 6-bolt motor safer than a 7-bolt motor? Does this also include the 98-99 7-bolt as well?

Both of my 2g's run 7-bolt motors and have zero issues.

How many bolt-on are available for 6-bolt engine verses a 7-bolt engine?

7 bolts in my experience often respond better to bolt on's then 6 bolts and 7 bolt 2g have way more bolt on mods then something like my 1gb 6 bolt ..... my personal experience w/ 6 bolts is why I recommend them over 7 bolts. In the OP situation he could certainly go either 7 bolt or 6 bolt ....... the old "crankwalk" issue is something of the past and from what I gather has been worked out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back