The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Recommendations for Budget Seats

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artago

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 30, 2006
North Vancouver, BC_Canada
What are the my options for budget seats? I heard of people adapting Tiburon seats somewhere on here but I can't find the thread. Any good options for seats from other cars?

I'd like to spend under $400 for the pair with adapters and brackets. I was looking at Cipher seats. Any opinions on these?

http://www.carid.com/cipher/cpa1018-series-racing-seats.html

Firm and comfortable is what I'm looking for. It's for a DD

Last edited:
Have you looked into cipher auto, they have seats at great prices

Have you looked into cipher auto, they have seats at great prices
I have. They seem to be the best value after market seats. My questions regarding these would be:

1. Are the comfortable for a daily commuter?
2. Where can I get brackets for these?
3. Any DSMtuners members reviews?

They are definitely my first pick right now. Just seeing if there are any other options. Cheers.

I've found that corbeau makes some of the cheapest good quality racing seats. A set of corbeau forza's can be had new for like $460. I'd keep an eye out in the classifieds, im sure you could find a used set somewhere for under 400. Imo, another good option is evo 8/9 recaros. They can be had used for pretty cheap.

To answer your question all you really have to do it cut the ends of the 3g brackets where they bolt to the floor and weld them at the angle you need them.

They sell brackets for them by wedge and cipher themselfs, I dont know howthey are in comfort but most race seats are never going to be AS comfortable.

They sell brackets for them by wedge and cipher themselfs, I dont know howthey are in comfort but most race seats are never going to be AS comfortable.

I found some brackets but they are $150 per bracket. That's insane. Are all seat brackets this expensive?[DOUBLEPOST=1409568268][/DOUBLEPOST]
@Insane20, what are the slight mods to the front seat brackets to make the 3g seats fit?

Curious myself on this...

I run the cyphier seats that work great for the price (i got mine used) much nicer than my fixed backs

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I run the cyphier seats that work great for the price (i got mine used) much nicer than my fixed backs

Those look nice. Do you happen to know what model they are?[DOUBLEPOST=1409618381][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wedges are 225 for a pair! Its on there site

I see it now. Thanks

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back