The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Recommend me some valve springs/retainers to have cryoed, 2g 4g63T

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gold Gargoyles

Probationary Member
May 17, 2020
Norfolk, Virginia
Topic, building for longevity about 100hp/cylinder.

My other thread in the newbie forum has the planned mods. using some crower cams 268/270s.

Looking for recommendations/who has proven valvesprings//retainers//possibly valves

Since Crower don't have 268/270, I assume that you meant Brian Crower 268/272. If so, those cams are designed to work with the stock springs/retainers. And those would give you the longevity most.
But if you are planning to go more agressive cams in the future or if you would like to upgrade the springs/retainers anyways, then go with the Kiggly high pressure as mentioned above. Those springs cover all major off the shelf cams in the market unless you exceed 45-50 psi range of boost. So there will be no more concern about the springs each time when you upgrade the cams.
If you don't think that you go with very aggressive cams but you want upgrade the springs/retainers then just get Brian Crower BC0100S (w/ Steel retainers) or BC0100 (w/ Titanium retainers). Their prices are very friendly and work just fine in most of case.

https://www.crower.com/camshafts.html?cat=875
https://www.crower.com/kit-mitsubishi-dsm-single-spring-ti-retainers.html

I was looking at getting some kiggly beehive soon i like the design

these work for all CROWER (not BC CROWER) Mitsubishi cams stage 2 - 4 requires them

CROWER CAMS 4g63 stage 1 (Advertised Duration: Intake / Exhaust 264 / 264 )
stage 2 (Advertised Duration: Intake / Exhaust 272 / 272 )
stage 3 (Advertised Duration: Intake / Exhaust 280 / 280 )
stage 4 (Advertised Duration: Intake / Exhaust 288 / 288 )

Last edited:
https://www.crower.com/camshafts.html?cat=875
https://www.crower.com/kit-mitsubishi-dsm-single-spring-ti-retainers.html

these work for all CROWER Mitsubishi cams stage 2 - 4 requires them

CROWER CAMS 4g63 stage 1 (Advertised Duration: Intake / Exhaust 264 / 264 )
stage 2 (Advertised Duration: Intake / Exhaust 272 / 272 )
stage 3 (Advertised Duration: Intake / Exhaust 280 / 280 )
stage 4 (Advertised Duration: Intake / Exhaust 288 / 288 )

Thanks for the links but I sell those for many years, so I know those... But I still don't see any 268/270 combo in the links...
And it seems you don't understand what I meant. You are probably confused between Crower and Brian Crower. The "Brian Crower 268/272" that I mentioned above have only 10.18/9.66mm lift. The stock springs just work fine with those.

268/270 will just be generalized as 272/272 for springs and retainers kit with off beat cams under 272/272 stock springs work fine but would definitely need titanium springs and retainers to combat valve float at high rpm holds
I think you are confused. That would be depending on the actual cam spec. The advertised duration is just how the manufacture call them. And the advertised duration is not exactly the one to choose springs.. And what I was just saying is Crower don't have 268 or 270 "advertised duration" cams as off the shelf.

Absorbing info like a sponge, I like the crower deal, its low costed for some decent sounding lope stage 2 crowers good? :)

yes I run stage 2 in my 98 RS with adjustable cam gears and love them a lot, great lope sound, but I wanted more aggressiveness so im getting stage 3 for the 95 GSX build

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back