The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Reccomend me a turbo for 2.4L auto Galant

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qnz

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 4, 2007
nYc, New_York
I have a 2003 2.4L FWD, automatic Galant. Its been turbo'd for about 3 years now. Ebay t3 manifold, PTE SC5150 50-trim turbo, 565cc injectors, walbro 255, evo8 ecu. Stock engine. 15 psi daily. Just a tranny cooler on the tranny.

The ebay mani looks like its starting to crack and I want to move onto the FP cast mani. Been shopping for DSM flanged turbos, looking at reviews, looking at dyno charts, and have a pretty good idea what I want. But incase my reading comprehension is wrong, I am asking you guys what are your thoughts.

I'm looking for a street/highway turbo with usable power from 2500 rpm-6000 rpm (my redline). I think the FP Green and the PTE gt3076r fit my needs perfectly. I can't use a turbo that makes its power after 4000rpm. I also dont want to build the engine right now so I plan on staying at 15 lbs. Anyone else have any other opinions on these turbos, good or bad? Any others that might be better for my application? Thanks in advance

Are you saying your current setup is too laggy?
The FPGreen uses a 50trim compressor wheel with a mhi turbine, so it won't be much different than your current turbo.

No, I do not find the 50-trim laggy. However, I do want to switch from my ebay tubular t3 to the FP cast manifold and will need a DSM flanged turbo. The FP green and gt30r look like they would fit the bill for me

No, I do not find the 50-trim laggy. However, I do want to switch from my ebay tubular t3 to the FP cast manifold and will need a DSM flanged turbo. The FP green and gt30r look like they would fit the bill for me

They make adapter plates to mate a t3 turbo to dsm manifold.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back