The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Rebuilt Head fro mJ&C Enterprises

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J&C Enterprises Cylinder Head (Cylinder Exchange)

Well I had seen that some other DSMr's had purchased from these guys on ebay in the past, and had good dealings with them, for a head.

J&C had a head for about $320/shipped with a one year warranty on eBay. It arrived in about a week. In a pretty small box, i was a little worried it wasn't the right head; it was the right head though. You return your old head in the same box so as not to be billed for core ($150.00), there is no shipping charge on the core becuase they even give you the return shipping label! What a deal, huh?.

As others have said, there are no studs in the head when it arrives (you gotta pull yours from your old head before shipping back to them). Also of note; when you pull your old head don't forget the half moon seal and the injector seals (I forgot all of them grrr..)!

Nice touch I noticed; the valve cover bolt holes and oil feed hole already had helicoils! Perfect (my old head had 2 stripped valve cover bolt holes, and I had helicoiled my oil feed so I know that is just a must-do on the 4g63 as well)!

I got the head on, one thing I noticed it seemed easier to turn over by hand (possibly weaker springs than my other head?), and also it was real easy to set the timing, it didn't do that one tooth off thing like my other head did. Also it had different cams than my other head, not sure what the deal is there, but I have noticed there are allot of variables in stock DSM cams (the marks on them), and so I'm not worried about it. Although I had started a thread on that issue and researched it extensively when i first discovered it, that' how I found out they are normal stock DSM cams.

Also I noticed it has the valves that are genuine Mitsubishi, they say 6t on the exhaust valves, so that is good. My other head had been rebuilt (previous owner of that head had it done) with some valves that did not have 6t on them.

Anyway, the car runs fine and there is no smoke or burning of oil whatsoever, no oil consumption (my old head it would smoke on boost only, because of BAD VALVE GUIDES).

So I think this is a good deal. It's really convenient and fast head swap, very affordable.

I only have about 100 miles on it right now.

I will update in 10k miles or if anything changes.

These guys are legit and I highly recommend them!

Thanks J&C and I hope some other DSM owners give them a try, it seems like it is hard to find a good head for cheap without getting scammed...

Update: Oh I meant to say it looks like it has 3g lifters because I have no lifter tap whatsoever....will update if it changes.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back