The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

rebuilding my 1990 awd tsi

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neoviper

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Greensboro, North_Carolina
I'm fixing up my 1990 TSI AWD. it's been off the road for awhile and there is a number of things wrong with it.

First the exhaust is all rotted out. If anyone can point me in the direction of a cheap reliable replacement exhaust system i'd appreciate it.

I'm only looking for replacement parts because as I said its been off the road for awhile, and I just want to get it running so I can drive it for awhile while I work out all the bugs. Gotta make sure its reliable before I mod.

Thanx ahead of time for your help.

You're posting in the 2g non-turbo forums. I'm sure you'll get much more help in the 4G63 forums. But for starters, start scanning/searching through the classifieds. It's the right-most tab on the red bar at the top of the screen.

As suggested above, look through the classifieds. You should be able to find a used 2.5 inch exhaust for a reasonable price.

I was in a similar position as you about 8 months ago. My 91 had been sitting off and on for the last 10 years the last 4 of which it sat in one spot. This is what I did just to start, and you will end up finding more as you go....

I replaced all the brake pads and rotors and one month later ended up replacing both front calipers and lines. I replaced the t-belt, tensioner, water pump, and all the accessory belts. I changed all the fluids including engine oil, t-case, diff, trans, brake and coolant. I dropped the gas tank because I wanted to replace the fuel pump and used that opportunity to clean all the garbage that settled at the bottom of the tank. I also replaced all four tires because they had flat spots on them.

After the above work was done I found a bad hub bearing. When I replaced that I also did the hub and inner and outer tie rods because they were worn. After a few test drives I was not happy with the ride quality and ended up replacing all four struts with kyb's, new strut braces(i think that's what they were called) and new Eibach springs.

I know this sounds like a lot, but this stuff HAD to be done. And even now the car is still not 100%.

Good luck with your project. It may take a while, but it will be worth it in the end :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back