The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Rebuilding Body

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZOM

Probationary Member
Jun 14, 2014
Corn Field, Iowa
I'm interested in buying some new front fenders and side skirts but I'm a little confused about some of the products I see online.
What I'm wondering is if it's a common thing to have to do a lot of body work when installing new non-replacement body panels.

For example I wish to buy fenders with a big are dam, but when I go to read the instructions for its installation, it says it requires a professional body shop or plenty of experience because to match it requires experience with fiberglass or whatever.

link to my desired product fenders:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/95-96-97-98...-fenders-/220790842001?_trksid=p2054897.l5659

Do most body parts that are not standard replacement parts require a lot of extra work or is this information usually there are a precaution based on other heavily modified parts.

Body is first on my priority list with my 2G GS. After fenders and a bit of paint I plan on replacing full exhaust, head lights, tail lights, and maybe eventually a full body kit.
I'm still real new to my GS so if anyone has any suggestions at all to help me get into a good groove for keeping my car up to date and well maintained I'd greatly appreciate it.
Obviously I've done the basics: oil, plugs, gaskets, suspension, and brakes. I've got a fuel filter but I hear it's a real B to replace it, pulling the engine.

Thanks in advance for any feedback I get.

Don't buy aftermarket body parts unless they're oem replacement. There is a reason you see very few dsms with body kits on them. For one the factory body kit is perfect. And two fiberglass parts are junk . They require a lot of time to make fit and then alot if time to make them paint worthy . I have built way too many DSM's and been doing body work for way too long and I won't give you false advice. If you're from the omaha area. Idk if you know who I am .but you will if you're in the street scene . My name is Austin Puckett. Look me and my build up on Facebook.

Cool thanks for advice. I live about an hour north of Omaha but I'll check you out on FB.

I see two main oem bumpers, are they interchangeable?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back