The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Rebuild Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrCii

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 26, 2010
Florence, Kentucky
OK, got a little rod knock, so gotta tear it apart, seeing as i cant afford to buy an engine. I've been looking into, and researching quite a bit on rebuilding the bottom end, I just had the head done, so no worries there.

im pretty sure this is what im looking for

90-92 PLYMOUTH LASER TURBO 2.0 ENGINE REBUILD KIT 4G63T | eBay

If anyone has any input id be glad to hear it. :)

Unfortunately Im staying stock for the time being.

Get the OE oil pump

Hit Mizumo up and get the gaskets, pistons and rings (NPR is OE)
Get a Fel-pro or OE composite HG, I would not truse the composite in the gasket set)

Get an OE Timing belt kit and water pump

A BSE Kit with the grooved stubby shaft, seems to be the kit of choice.

Bearings, ACL, Cleivite, King in the size you need, AFTER the machine shop inspects and works your crank, either polish or grind.

Have the big end of the con rods checked for size, work as needed.

I have brand new timing belt and tensioner, i actually just redid the timing, the belt had slipped a few teeth, and was causing lopey idle and all kinds of other awesomeness :nono:. Thanks for the input, I believe ill be doing the oil port mod as well. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back