The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Rebuild cost$?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoAt

Probationary Member
Jul 11, 2011
Ferryville, Wisconsin
i'm wondering how much would be to get my 98 eclipse GSX rebuilt. A stock rebuild is all i'm looking for right now. I don't plan on doing it myself either.

You are looking at about 1500-5000 depending on where you take it. It's hard to tell what a random shop is going to charge you. I would just order a rebuilt engine from a vendor on here or just buy a good used engine.

That are more than plenty of shops that would charge you 5k+ for a stock rebuild. As i said, just but an engine from a proven vender and get it done right the first time. If you take it to some random shop you will get WAY over charged and chances are it won't be done right.

I 2nd the just buy a rebuilt engine from a vendor,
As a shady shop will charge you hourly and retail for all parts, and machine shop labor etc...I've seen 4k bills for nothing

I overpaid for my Rebuild and the sad part is i was not smart enough to open my eyes. There are Motors built by DSMGraveyard that look amazing and they are great price i think and they claim hold upwards of 500HP. The pistons and rods and studs are upgraded. This seems like it would be a rock solid moter but..... i am not a dsm wiseman. Only trying to help by saying look at all your options. To have somone do the rebuild for you im thinking 3,000 - 5,000. you will need new belts and hoses for sure

We would be more then Happy to Rebuild your motor for you. Pm me if your interested and I can lock you in a great deal for black Friday.

a good rebuild kit from a performance shop in the town im from runs you 1,100 bucks and thats just the parts alone. labor is another 300-500 so around 1400-1600. you can build her up wih aftermarket parts for cheaper then that

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back