The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Rebirth of a 92 3000gt vr4

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codym

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 28, 2011
Amarillo, Texas
Finding the Car

A few days ago I stumbled upon a 3kgt vr4 while visiting a buddies shop.
Its a little beat up, but nothing severe. Engine is pulled but is freshly rebuilt , with the stock td04 turbos freshly rebuilt as well.

This project won't take a full start for a few months , so be looking out in the near future for one fast paced turnaround of this mistreated beast.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 259
Bud I'll get some more this week, I just took a quick picture.

Boosted its at quick check auto, I guess the previous owner couldn't pay to finish it.

It's pretty trashed , but were gonna repaint it , redo the interior , clean up the engine bay, etc.
I'll probably leave the power steering and a/c in this one LOL

Looks like you found my cars lost twin.

20130707_184437_zpsebffeaa2.jpg

Looking forward to see what you do with this. What are your plans for it? Miles?

Plans are to fully restore it , I want it looking clean and respectable. Not gonna do anything too crazy with her because she needs some care first. Has 130k on the odometer , but it's been sitting in that spot for a few years , so I'll have to see if there is any rust.

The reason I'm not starting work on this for a few months , is because in all honesty I don't know jack squat about the power plant, I'm gonna take my time , research , research and research some more so I have a good understanding of what I wanna do and how I want to do it. Vr4s are hard to come by, especially in my area, I want this thing rocking the streets in a orderly fashion , not just thrown together.

If you don't mind my asking, how much did you end up paying for it?

3k gt's are the reason that I own a mitsu car. Looked for my GSX for 5 years and found it (still working on it) Still looking for that special 3k VR4. Probably another couple years.

Fiji Blue is definitely a beautiful color. You will quickly discover the many similar and interchangeable parts between a 3/S and DSM hehe.

Bet that's a screamer of a vehicle with that twin turboed 6G72 DOHC pumping out close to 400HP out of the factory...

The older ones like his/mine don't even put out 300HP from the factory.

They still move pretty good though.

nice car! don't let the power of a 1G on stock turbos demotivate you with worries it will be slow!

my 1G put down 346whp on 9B's + pump gas.

Mods are BOV
Downpipe
MBC
K&N Intake
Y-Pipe

Just threw some timing at it, and upped the boost. no fuel control

10.3 AFRs @ full boost of 17 psi. room for more power!

Good luck!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back