The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Rear windshield wiper plug and cap 1g Mitsubishi eclipse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1st_timer

Probationary Member
Nov 19, 2022
Norfolk, Virginia
Hello, I hope this question hasn't been asked already, but where do you find a replacement rear windshield wiper plug and cap for my 1993 gs Mitsubishi eclipse?

I searched everywhere for them and when I did "find" them they were out of stock and was discontinued I even have the part number for both parts (Rear wiper plug MB542386,
Rear wiper cap MB530314) and upon looking it up still got discontinued or out of stock

I'm trying to keep my rear windshield wiper functional, but all I can find are deletes for it and any assistance would be greatly appreciated before I bite the bullet and just delete it

Yeah you just cant to buy one, those cars are out there you need to , try all means necessary to find them, but im sure you can.

Just to be clear, the parts you are wanting are plugs purely for blocking off the rear washer tank and nozzle?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

One, MB530314, is a plug for where the rear washer tank filler neck comes through. It is listed as a 25 x 31 mm plug, perhaps that can be used to find a plug somewhere else on the internet.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The other, MB542386, is a plug to close off the area in the sheet metal where the hose leading to the rear washer nozzle comes through.

I would agree with others that used may be your best option if you haven't been able to find them new anywhere. The plug for the filler neck was used on 1Gs, 2G non-turbos and non-turbo Spyders, and '97-'05 Montero Sport models. The plug for the hose is specific to the 1G FWD models. Worst case there you could always install a plug in the hole where the hose comes through.

Last edited:
Make a wanted ad in the classifieds. Your best bet is to hope to find a used one in better shape than yours.
Oh wow I didn't even know that was an option I'll definitely keep that in mind thank you

You will only find the deletes, keep in mind its a 30 year old car.
I figured as much
Just to be clear, the parts you are wanting are rubber plugs purely for blocking off the rear washer tank and nozzle?

One, MB530314, is a plug for where the rear washer tank filler neck comes through. It is listed as a 25 x 31 mm plug, perhaps that can be used to find a plug somewhere else on the internet. The other, MB542386, is a plug to close off the area in the sheet metal where the hose leading to the rear washer nozzle comes through.

I would agree with others that used may be your best option if you haven't been able to find them new anywhere. The plug for the filler neck was used on 1Gs, 2G non-turbos and non-turbo Spyders, and '97-'05 Montero Sport models. The plug for the hose is specific to the 1G FWD models. Worst case there you could always install a plug in the hole where the hose comes through.
Thank you for the exact dimensions and other ways I can go about my issue other then doing a delete, I was able to order the part, but I hope they don't cancel like the two previous times, due to them not having the part anymore

You will only find the deletes, keep in mind its a 30 year old car.
I figured that, but If I do decide to go down this route is there any threads that mention a good delete kit or would it be better to do the old classic bondo, sand, and paint?

Proper way would be to weld a piece paint and all that.

Or

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back