The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Rear toe arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gst-turbo

Proven Member
Nov 7, 2012
Petaluma, California
I have a 95 talon tsi took it to alignment but my toe arm are sized up basically welded to the bolt and at my local pick and pull parts there around 7 2g rs models and 2 gst im wondering if i can get the arm from them. Are the toe arms the same?

All the 2g suspension is the same, so yes you can grab one from any of them. They always seize up so when you get a new one in keeo it cleaned and greased up regularly

I have a 95 talon tsi took it to alignment but my toe arm are sized up basically welded to the bolt and at my local pick and pull parts there around 7 2g rs models and 2 gst im wondering if i can get the arm from them. Are the toe arms the same?

Is this for a FWD or AWD DSM? The rear toe arms are indeed different between FWD and AWD models.

One of the AWD arms are discontinued.

Part numbers and procedure can be found in this thread:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/replacing-seized-rear-toe-control-arms.205503/

As 2gmitsueclispe said, the AWD toe arms are different than the FWD arms. I replaced mine a few years ago and there were only a few of them were left on one of them(forget which side).

If you are having a hard time finding AWD toe arms, a fellow member can meet the demand for toe arms by offering an adjustable tubular alternative. They are a little more expansive, but readily available. You will however, still need to procure the specific hardware mentioned in the link I provided in post #4.

Here are the spherical toe arms I am referring to:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/2g-tubular-and-spherical-rear-toe-arms.494801/

***You will need to specify AWD or FWD with these as well.

Damn it i forgot about the awd LOL damn damn damn. Yes one side is longer ooppps sorry, my bad.

The bolts are the same for awd and fwd, did you manage to save your toe arm then and just the bolt was bad?

Often times, the eccentric bolt rust welds to the bushing necessitating the arm to be cut out at the bushing.

I when to the junck yard and got the two rear toe bolts. I havent tried to remove the arm yet they dont look to rusty but the guy who did my alignment said that he cracked his wrench trying to move the bolt. Im going to try to get the bolt out and hopefully i dont have to remove the arm

The OP can always urethane bushings from Prothane. They have a kit that includes them as part of the kit. Cut bolts to get the toe arms out and then remove the original bushings and push the new ones in. The eccentric bolts should still be available from places like JNZtuning. I remove the old rubber bushings using a bimetal hole saw that was marginally larger than the inside diameter of the bushing tube. It leaves a clean sleeve to remove and for that I used a hacksaw blade.

Paul volks rear arms are great, i have them and its soo much easier to adjust

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back