The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Rear Suspension noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sighless

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 30, 2009
Mississauga, ON_Canada
hey guys, anyone have any ideas of common failure points in the rear suspension of the AWD cars?

my 95 talon makes a hell of a rattle/clunking noise going over bumps.. i noticed my rear strut mount was broken on the drivers side so i put a new one in.. but its still doing it.. whether the bumps come from left or right..

i crawled under there and everything is nice and tight so play in anything at all.. also if i stand on the rear bumper and bounce the car theres no noise..

any ideas?

I had a clanking noise a while back when i went over bumps, It was the brake pads rattling around in the caliper. The guy i bought the car from apparently didnt think the hardware was necessary. Kick the rear tires on the sidewall and listen for the sound. The slides could also be worn out and allowing the caliper to slap around. Check the sway bar end links and bushings too. Rock the car side to side by the top of the door and listen for the noise.

Exhaust system on nice & tight? I scraped my exhaust and broke a hanger loose.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back