The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Rear Sun Shade.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1990TSIAWDTALON

Nov 14, 2013
Independence, Kansas
I just have to ask, has anyone seen a rear sunshade for our cars and what do you all think of them.
The young man I got my 90 GSX from said he had no use for it and I want opinions from the crowd.
Thanks!
Pops

Attachments

• 20210305_192637.jpg
    20210305_192637.jpg
    846.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 20210305_194307.jpg
    20210305_194307.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 127
  • 20210305_194315.jpg
    20210305_194315.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 135
  • 20210305_174011.jpg
    20210305_174011.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 135
  • 20210305_174002.jpg
    20210305_174002.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 294
  • 20210305_173956.jpg
    20210305_173956.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 158
  • 20210305_173943.jpg
    20210305_173943.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 164
Well I thought about that but also thought it looked good on my car.
They seem to not be seen or used that often but Ive never seen one so kinda wanted to use it but what do you think of the looks??
Its ready to go on any 1g car. Fits my 92 also.
Thanks for your reply and opinions!!!

Never seen this before, but I must say I’m not a fan. I’ll be the first to admit I tend to be a purist about this model, as I often am with what I consider genuine Classic designs ( porsche 928, 1971 corvette, many more). Even when the manufacturers tinker with too many add-ons I wonder why. Saabs and 240Zs looked good with rear louvers, but I have a hard time thinking of others. I imagine tinting would provide the same benefit as this device. But I fully acknowledge that looks are Subjective. It how much you like it that counts.

I dont know if its the same brand but GTS made one called a solar wing. I had one on the 2G. They are still sold via summit racing now. I got 2 as they will eventually discontinue so i wanted a spare since it looked good for a daily but sucks for aero LOL

Maybe it would look better on the 3rd gens in the background? Idk about the 1g, I don’t think it looks too appealing tho, except on the 2g’s that have the spoiler completely removed.

Not knockin on the camaro’s either they are cool, my first car was a 92

Interesting; actually gives it a more angular look of the conquest, which preceded the eclipse. The main set not too bad, but the quarter window units give it a bulged out thing.
I wonder what these really do to the aerodynamics? Most importantly, do the whistle at speed? That would be a deal breaker for sure.

If you live in a very humid or utterly sunny :) area like ENC (Eastern North Carolina), this device will help reduce the :cry: heat OMG that absorbs into the interior.
Granted window tint :aha: may do a better job. When window tint is installed over the defrost grid, it might damage it when it comes time to being removed.
If you tint the windows, be sure to check State Laws for darkness/light transmission. Limo tint may not legal except on SUV's back windows, behind the driver front windows, in many states.
But, every little thing to help block out the Sun's intensity will help the A/C system not work as hard and help KEWL :cool: down the interior much quicker :rocks: with, than without.
This is pretty much the same material as the tinted aerodynamic window vents sold, except for solar control rather than wind & rain water. The double sticky tape will not hold very well if the surfaces are not prepped properly also. Like any other plastic, it will usually eventually break :mad: also.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
I apologize if I’m off subject, I figured you guys would care to see to help make an opinion.
Louvers is the keyword, ty mechaddict

Is there a business actively selling those for DSM's? I know they were available 20 years ago, but not seen them for years.

Is there a business actively selling those for DSM's? I know they were available 20 years ago, but not seen them for years.
I’m not sure who’s active at the moment, but that sfxperformance site does look healthy.

The next time our local yard has a 50% sale, Ima grab all of them from various vehicle models(after a quick measure of course)

I’ve had one on my car for years. If you decide to use it, replace the two sided tape with new tape. The day after I put mine on it flew off the car and I had to go back and pick it up. New 3m two sided tape and it’s been holding up for like 6 years now. I dig the look, don’t see very many 1g’s with them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back