The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G REAR Strut Mount Rubber Cushions ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CONSIGLIERI

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 6, 2010
Columbia, South_Carolina
Hey guys, Im about to replace my Suspension and I already purchased the Springs and Struts. I saw these rubber round pieces Strut Mount Rubber Cushions.

Do I really need them ? Im in Brazil and I still dudnt unmount the Suspension to check if its worn out. I wont be able to do that until my Springs arrive LOL
Also can I find some aftermarket for this ? I found it quite expensive.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/95-99-Eclip...Parts_Accessories&hash=item56429a0103&vxp=mtr

i believe thats the piece that sits on top of the entire strut to protect the top nut from dust. i put coilovers on and the rubber doesnt fit on them so it kinda just sits there, but you dont need it.
edit. i was looking at wrong picture. but if you order new suspension then that peice should come with it.

That goes between the spring and the strut mount, you will definitely want to use those. They are usually in good shape and reusable from my experience. You should check out the condition of the upper mount before you pull it all apart. There is a good chance they are rusted and will need replaced. It is pretty common on 2g's for them to rust thru and actually break.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back