The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Spyder Rear quarter window -Spyder [Merged 4-8]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okay guys i need major help on finding some vendor or parts place that carries window accessories. My 98 Spyder has its rear drivers window down, so i took it out and the window is fine, the bracket it bolts to is not bent but the sliders that guide the window up and down the bracket are broken. There are three sliders and i tried the dealer already. they don't sell them individually, only with the bracket which lists out as 800 bucks. So if nebody knows someone or some place please inform me.

Alright. I didn't post this when I did it in April of 08. But fixed this pain in the a$$ problem myself.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Sorry picture sucks. Anyways the peice that broke was the one on far left. The hardest to replace using my method.

I went to autozone and found a peice that was very similar to the original. I bought like 20 of them for trial and error purposes. Anyways, I got a drill bit and Bored it out if you will, making hole large enough to force to fit on the window. Using vice grips and mallet. An extra set of hans is VERY helpful

My next issue was that the roller was too large to fit in window regulator? / housing... the damn peice of metal that window sits in. I just shaved and filed it down to fit. This took about 1 1/2 hours. This is by far the cheapest way to do this and its really not that hard. Hardest part is refitting the window back on the regulator?.

I think I had an issue where the window came off regulator (thats what I'm going to call the damn metal peice it sits in. Since I had already done this, it was just a matter of getting rear interior quarter panel removed and getting to the glass.

Hope this helps. Ebay resolution is also an answer from the DSM Gods. :thumb:

The junk yard..... My best friend snapped 2 of the 3 rollers on the window plate when he was down some how. I ended up finding a Spyder in the junk yard and got the plate off the window.

You can use vice grips/robo grips to unscrew the plate from the window.

Okay guys i need major help on finding some vendor or parts place that carries window accessories. My 98 Spyder has its rear drivers window down, so i took it out and the window is fine, the bracket it bolts to is not bent but the sliders that guide the window up and down the bracket are broken. There are three sliders and i tried the dealer already. they don't sell them individually, only with the bracket which lists out as 800 bucks. So if nebody knows someone or some place please inform me.

So I have noticed this thread began in 2005 and as far as I can tell no one here found a solid solution. I too have ran into this problem, and have searched everything for options. Money is tight so I’m trying to be as reasonable as possible when it comes to what’s offered out there. I could not find anything satisfactory, and desperate to make my convertible top and rear quarter window work again, I began rummaging through every spare tool and part I could find.
All hope was not last and I am no quitter, and as a female trying to grow amongst the car scene, I knew I had to figure it out. My solution:
Legos! There’s so many things to manipulate and thankfully we had boxes of Star Wars and race car lego builds lying around. I discovered the wide rubber wheels that have the little bit of traction/grip on them fit over the head of the bushing place perfectly as long as you insert a flat wide washer inside the little tire when placing it on, especially for a secure fit! I have yet to reinstall the window since I discovered this only because I want to inspect the rest of the regular and arms so I don’t put this work in it for nothing. Will update soon with whatever progress I endure. Hope this helps guys!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back