The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Spyder Rear quarter window -Spyder [Merged 4-8]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okay guys i need major help on finding some vendor or parts place that carries window accessories. My 98 Spyder has its rear drivers window down, so i took it out and the window is fine, the bracket it bolts to is not bent but the sliders that guide the window up and down the bracket are broken. There are three sliders and i tried the dealer already. they don't sell them individually, only with the bracket which lists out as 800 bucks. So if nebody knows someone or some place please inform me.

DarkStarMenace said:
Okay guys i need major help on finding some vendor or parts place that carries window accessories. My 98 Spyder has its rear drivers window down, so i took it out and the window is fine, the bracket it bolts to is not bent but the sliders that guide the window up and down the bracket are broken. There are three sliders and i tried the dealer already. they don't sell them individually, only with the bracket which lists out as 800 bucks. So if nebody knows someone or some place please inform me.

I have the exact same problem on my 98 Spyder Eclipse. Yah, the dealership charges you an arm and a leg for the whole regulator unit....they don't carry that plastic wheel bearing thing. Well, I commissioned a custom plastics manufacturer to make me the replacement wheels. Unfortunately, they would not make them unless I order a bunch of them at $35 each...It's the cost for them drawing up the thing, setting up the machine to cuts it, and also the special hard plastic material with silicon properties to ensure proper lubrication. Anyways, if you are interested in purchasing them at what they cost me, just let me know how many you wheels you would like and I walk you through installing them. You can email me at [email protected]. If you find more folks who would be interested in buying these plastic wheels, maybe I can have more made at a discounted price since the cost of drawing up the thing has already been paid for.

DarkStarMenace said:

Is it this? If it's any help, Norco has it for $645.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I need to replace the rear corner windowon my g/fs spider..The windows not broken, but when you start to roll it down it falls off the track and drops down.I think one of the plastic rollers in broken. I need to find a parts yard in the Seattle,Tacoma area. Is this a pain to fix?????

Thanks

I need to replace the rear corner windowon my g/fs spider..The windows not broken, but when you start to roll it down it falls off the track and drops down.I think one of the plastic rollers in broken. I need to find a parts yard in the Seattle,Tacoma area. Is this a pain to fix?????

Thanks

I have the same problem with my spyder...kinda.
at first...it used to lean to the right about 1/2 an inch..so water would come in.
Now, it only goes up half way, unless I pull it to the right, and pull it up.
I opened it up, and gave a real quick look, but I didnt see anything.
It should just be a railing problem. I'll open mine up this friday, and tell you what the problem was (if we have the same problem).

Have a 97 GSt Spyder. Noticed the other day when the top was down i was rollin up the driver side "rear window" when it went off track. played around with it, but never fixed it. then today i'm rolling it up and it completly falls off track you could here it hit the bottom of somethin. it didn't shatter thou so thats good. So how the hell do i get to it and fix it? thanks fellas

This is a common problem for 1g. To fix this you got to take the interior door cover off so you the track and clean it, oil it and put it back it place.

Inside you rear panel by your backseat the window has a seperate window regulator. Chances are you clips off the window broke or your regulator has come apart. If you got the money take it by a reputable window shop, otherwise if you want to do it your self, take everything apart and PM me with what you find.

Like eargazimm, I too have been looking to replace one of the three white plastic bushings for my 2G Spyder rear window regulator for quite some time without success. Tried E-Bay, local u-pull yards. Satanic dealer wants $600+ for the whole regulator assembly. I need just the little round bushing.

Any one know of a source?

And to answer your question... Yes, it is a pain to fix, rear seat and side panel need to be removed, and all window assembly 10&12 mm nuts loosened. May need the whole window and regulator assembly to come out depending on which of the the three busings is broke.

skimadbeach

Thanks

I too now have the task of finding one of these plastic bushings to fix my rear passenger window regulator after trying to pop out some door dings from the inside and accidently popping out the front most bushing instead. Has no one found a fix for this that doesn't cost $600? I know full coverage insurance will cover that if you break your window, but filing a claim for $600+ for a 60¢ piece of plastic is just ridiculous. If it doesn't rain tomorrow I'll take it out and see if I can't come up with something to keep it on track, and cut the wire to disable the speed limit for the top while i'm at it. Always got to come out better than before there was a problem :D

So I went over to the mitsubishi dealer to see if they have those little rollers that go onto my driver side quarter window since I am missing two of them. They told me that I would have to buy a new guide for it. Guess how much the price was for the little guide? 800 bucks! Wtf?:cry:

well... you might as well get a NEW t25 there for $1299,- if i remember right...

Alright. I've read all the threads about the spyder's quarter glass and it problems. I'm posting a new thread because the last one posted is really old.

So, is there no cheaper place to get the damn part? I'm very fond of my left testicle, and do not want to sell it for 3 pieces of plastic. I believe the oldest posting about this problem is from 6-24-05. Since then, no one has found a less expensive solution? The cheapest I've found is like $400. FOR PLASTIC?!?!?!?!?

There has to be a better solution. Super glue? Has anyone tried? I'm almost there. I guess I'll just rig it so it stays up until I can ante up the ridiculous and almost unbearable fee. I am now taking donations for the Fix-an-eclipse organization.

Seriously, all feedback is appreciated. Even smarta** comments. ### I need to laugh right about now.

Does anyone know where i can purchase replacement rollers for my 99 gst spyder rear quarter panel window? Mitsubishi claims I can only get them via buying the whole window assembly for like 300 dollars, while the rollers themselves cant be much more than a couple bucks a piece. They just snap on. I dont really want to even spend the 50 -100 bucks I would need to get a whole window assembly from a savage yard either, knowing that they are such inexpensive parts if i could just find them. And it seems extremely silly that you couldnt get just the rollers themselves. Any help or guidance would be of much help.

OK well I had to do this before. Luckily my friend got a Spyder and parted it out. So I was able to get a window for it off of him for free.

Now I'm in that boat again since someone broke a roller trying to break into my car. The only way to get them that I know of is a new or used window. I could never figure out how they came off or got on other than excessive force. As for just a roller... I guess you'd have to make one out of platic on a lathe. Completely serious. I hope you find otherwise, though!

i noticed that the last thread was almost 2 yrs old for this topic and was wondering if anyone had a solution to this problem yet? i dont think i wanna put up that kind of money for plastic either i cant believe its this kind of issue and mitusbishi hasnt come up with a better solution than but a who new track. unfortunately i need plastics for both sides and barely paid that much for the car and to have to put out $1600 to fix a common issue is bull!!!!!!:notgood:

Now I'll be honest. All you can do is look for a spyder that is in a junkyard and try to get that damn window.

Now there IS MAYBE another solution... The 3g Spyder top is similar to ours. The rear windows will be different shaped. But if you find one in a junkyard take a look at the rear window and see how it slides in there. it might have similar tracks and use those plastic brackets too. And they might be swappable to our cars too.

Look what I Found browsing ebay today. what we have all been looking for. I just ordered 4 of them today. since both my rears are screwed. Ill keep you guys posted on the results.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Eclipse-Spyder-Quarter-Window-Roller-Guide-Repair-/220630480216?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item335e99f558[/URL]

DAMN! That is costly but really that is what breaks. I'll nee two.

My suggestion is take the metal bracket off the glass before you do it. Vice grip pliers work best.

really? costly? everyone with the same problem has reported prices in the hundreds just for these rollers/guides because they have to buy the whole assembly. No one has ever found the roller/guides by themselves. At least have not reported. I think 9.98$ for a roller/guides is reasonable. Well anyways I have placed my order and am now waiting for them to arrive. I cant wait to have fully functional quarter windows again.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back