The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Rear passenger wheel squeaking/creaking?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WisconsinMonSTAR

Proven Member
Apr 20, 2014
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Like the title says, my rear passenger side wheel is making an odd noise. I noticed it while driving home today. Going over bumps or uneven surfaces was giving me a creaky noise. When I push down on any part of the car to compress the suspension, it causes the noise to come from the wheel. I went over to the wheel and grabbed it and any movement of it causes the noise. I think it may be a bushing or ball joint, but any input would be greatly appreciated. The best comparison I can make to the noise would be like a squeaky bedspring.

The bushings are probably toast.
Suspension Restoration Parts Co., Mitsubishi polyurethane suspension bushings
I bought my set through this place. Quick processing times and shipping.

I would get the car up in the air and check. Once the suspension is unloaded, look for any tears in the rubber and metal on metal contact. I'm guessing it's the rear spindle upper knuckle bushing. Those tend to rot out faster for some reason.

Hey Steve,

I did resolve the issue, but I can't recall entirely what it ended up being specifically. I do believe it may have been the either the rear sway bar bushings, or the toe arm bushing though, since the parts I changed around that time were the sway bar bushings, the rear toe arms, as well as the parking brake hardware / shoes, which are another good possibility.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back