The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

rear main seal

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonicnofadz

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 12, 2003
Baltimore, Maryland
This is the crankshaft seal on the flywheel side of the block. Does the replacement require dropping the oil pan and removing the entire little housing behind the flyhweel, or can you just pry the little sucker out and rtv a new one in? My oil pan is not leaking and I would rather not have to replace it's gasket as well. I am in the middle of a clutch swap and I want to change everything on that side while I have the tranny off. Thanks.

Thank you.

This actually sucks but lesson learned. "Work first, ask later" That's my motto. ha
I just put on the oil pan. I honestly though the rear main seal was the only thing holding any oil back. Even looking at it. I'll pop the back bolts on the pan and reapply some gray to the pan and seal. Tomorrow

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back