The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Rear lower control arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mysticj

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 12, 2007
charlotte, North_Carolina
Is the possible to create a custom lower A control arm?

Only 1 member has made these so far and he does not make them anymore or seperatly! So no is my answer! Best you can do is the galant lower tubed arm but then you need all the new droplinks and roll bar

Are you sure? His freelancer page was update just this past Dec stating he's in-stock & ready to ship.

Only 1 member has made these so far and he does not make them anymore or seperatly! So no is my answer! Best you can do is the galant lower tubed arm but then you need all the new droplinks and roll bar

Your thinking of the front lower control arms. He is talking about the rears and Paul normally has the rear toe arms in stock..

Maximum is right! I spoke with Paul last December and he has the rear lower control arms in stock all the time. Just waiting for my tax break and I'll be ordering both front and rear ctrl arms.

There seems to be some confusion about the specified rear lower arms. There are the toe arms, then there is the lower control arm that has the provision for the sway bar link. Paul usually has the rear toe arms ready for purchase. The actual control arms are likely another story. The tubular rear lower control arms Paul made also deleted the rear sway bar, thus being best suited for drag racing. Here is a thread showing both the toe arms and the lower control arms: http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/2g-chromoly-rear-control-arm-and-toe-arm-set.486211/

To the OP: With enough money, you could most certainly have rear control arms fabricated.

Last edited:
To the OP: With enough money, you could most certainly have rear control arms fabricated.

Shucks! Beat me to the punch line :)

Yes I give the OP permission to make the rear lower control arm for all of us. Go forth OP and create one for all of us. Now that he has my permission and knows he can create one I am sure he will do it himself

Your thinking of the front lower control arms. He is talking about the rears and Paul normally has the rear toe arms in stock..

Did you read what i typed? Maybe you didnt understand it then so i will explain myself to make it easier then!

How can i be talking about the fronts when i specificly put rollbar and drop links and since the fronts are not attached directly to the LCA i cannot be thinking of the fronts can I! and then i wrote galant! If you know the suspension system well you will know the rear is tubed on galants and there for the rear LCA is swappable so what i said is actually correct. You just assumed i was wrong or talking about something else,

Also lets set this straight! The LCA is not a toe arm its not the lateral arm and its not the upper arm! So dont tell me im thinking of something else as its you who cannot get what im saying correctly in the first place! The LCA is the arm that attaches to the rollbar just so your clear on that aswell.

Paul has made the rear lca set but as its not a good idea since as already mentioned it deleted the roll bar mount but there is a way!!!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This is the only way to swap them out and keep the roll bar!

So how did i do maximum! Not bad considering im ment to be talking about front arms huh!

So again NO is my answer to the OP! To the original question BUT If paul wants to make the rollbar ready ones then YES would be my answer but i dont think he does at the moment but i could be wrong or it might be on email and request status for these to keep the rollbar system!

I'm talking more in the line of A arm in place of the lateral and trailing arm. I'll see if I can doodle something together. The extreme representation would be the rear suspension of the modern Evo but without the split design and balljoints.

Wow you got butt hurt over nothing LOL.... You clearly Are super smart :thumb:
I didnt get butt hurt at all! just dont get why you accused me of thinking the wrong thing! you clearly cannot read that is all, im perfectly fine and will go about my daily routine as normal so dont worry LOL

I'm talking more in the line of A arm in place of the lateral and trailing arm. I'll see if I can doodle something together. The extreme representation would be the rear suspension of the modern Evo but without the split design and balljoints.

you cannot A arm it back there, what we have is far far better then the EVO system, so you would be making it worse, we have a large amount of adjustment back there but just nothing really to adjust, as Ive posted above there is a member who might make these again but you would really have to ask him if he would, the lateral and toe arms are a good start though as at least you can control toe and caster more which is a very good start to the process

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back