The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Rear drums to disk brake conversion question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your method of getting the GS brake cables was spot on, its super easy to connect everything on the bench first then just run the cable then screw in the cable mounting brackets,, then attach the cables under the centerconsole area..instead of having the cable disconnected and trying to attach the cable on the shoe lever after everything is in the way. i couldnt get any M10x1.25z10mm, only could get M10x1.25x30mm so i cut 20mm off and filed the edge till it threaded into the caliper smoothly (dry fit, not mounted yet) will put a locking washer on and should be golden. Torque to spec....which i still need to find torque specs for wheel bearings, caliper guide pins i believe are 56 lbs, caliper mounting bolts i believe are 65 lbs... adjuster pin so shoes rub only SLIGHTLY on the rotor drum....pop the wheel on and start on the front....which will be easy...however im going to clean the rust and stuff up off the backing plate as well....since im in there might as well clean what i can.

So for future reference, i now order GS model rear end component's, the flex hose for the brake caliper is different then the drum as well....it has a female fitting (metal brake line side) and a male fitting (caliper insert) was like $30 CAD after shipping from Rockauto. I followed the heavily moded guide for about 5 mins....if someone has changed a wheel bearing in ANY vehicle....this is a simple conversion.

Adding some new information to this old thread. Many interchange vehicles were mentioned here for a spindle swap, but one option was not listed. 1997-2004 Mitsubishi Diamante 3.5L. You will not see the spindles through an interchange or CAPS program because of small differences, but they will directly bolt up to the 2GNT. Parking brake cables still must be swapped, as is true with all conversion options.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back