The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

420A Rear Drum Brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

im420haha

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 2, 2002
scheenctady, New_York
I CAN'T SEEM TO GET THE DRUMS OFF HOW HAVE YOU GUYS DONE IT PLEASE HELP I NEED TO KNOW TODAY SO I CAN FIX THEM THIS WEEKEND

Yeah Help us Guys I mean C'mon We need Disk on our rears too you know!? HELP!... No, really disk on rear kicks a$$ plus looks good too hmmm any suggestion on how to change to rear or what car we can pull them out of would be nice too I heard that of an Avenger, GS, Sebring would work but we need to comform this guys I know Jack when it comes to this :D

Try tapping in between the wheel studs with a hammer to pop the drum loose from the hub. When the drum has some play try to jiggle it off. If the drum has some play, but won't come off, then you need to back off on the adjuster (there is a small window on the back plate that is usually covered by a rubber cap). Pull the cap off and use a small flathead screwdriver to back off the adjuster. Just remember that the adjuster has left-handed threads, so you have to spin the adjuster clockwise to loosen it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back