The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

420A Rear drum brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KETCH_DSM

Probationary Member
Sep 28, 2014
Fort Eustis, Virginia
I just got a hold of 96 Eclipse RS with rear drum brakes. Curious to know opinions on whether they should remain or go. Not looking for an upgrade in braking power simply looks.
Looking around and haven't found really any aftermarket brake drums, that would be nicer looking. I do not really like the look of the drum brakes myself, especially since my main goal is to build a project show car. This build is not for speed or racing but for looks and creativity!
Any ideas guys...fairly new to the DSM community, worked on plenty but never really did a build.

You don't like it go all disc. Even if its looks is still an upgrade. Just like some get brembos for looks but still give you performance

I just got a hold of 96 Eclipse RS with rear drum brakes. Curious to know opinions on whether they should remain or go. Not looking for an upgrade in braking power simply looks.
Looking around and haven't found really any aftermarket brake drums, that would be nicer looking. I do not really like the look of the drum brakes myself, especially since my main goal is to build a project show car. This build is not for speed or racing but for looks and creativity!
Any ideas guys...fairly new to the DSM community, worked on plenty but never really did a build.

If your going for looks. I'd stay with the drums since the out side have nothing to do with braking. I'd have them sanded and painted any way you want. That's my opinion.

If your going for looks. I'd stay with the drums since the out side have nothing to do with braking. I'd have them sanded and painted any way you want. That's my opinion.
That is what i was thinking, on that note what would you say about powder coating? I have had a couple good friends who used it say that it looks great but if it chips it is a pain because it will need recoating? Would a dip of some sort withstand the heating and not get discolored? Any experience on this?

Although that could get pricey. Duplicolor makes some nice high temp paints in a few cool colors.

Yea it could get pricey but it would hold up better than powder coating.

The duplicolor stuff does work great though! I have used it on my calipers and rotors and it has held up great over the years.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back