The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Rear Disc brake diagram

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunderbird93

Probationary Member
Dec 7, 2012
Bath, New_York
Where can I find a good exploded view of a '99 Eclipse rear disc brake setup? I'm trying to find out what holds the emergency brake cable when you pull the handle. I need a left and right. I know on the drum brakes it's called parking brake lever. I need to replace both but can't find anything..thanks.

It's called the same thing as on drum brakes, a parking brake lever. It works pretty much the same way as well. The parking brake mechanism on DSMs with rear discs is a drum brake that sits inside the hat of the rotor. So the parking brakes really are drum brakes--a slightly smaller version of the parking brake setup for regular drum brakes.

Thanks Paul@RTM. Would you happen to know where I can get an exploded view so I can get a part #? All I'm coming up with is the one for the drum brakes.

Left side lever: 4600A154
Right side lever: 4600A155

I can get an exploded view in CAPS but I don't really know how to post it.

Here's a shot from ASA. I've highlighted the parts that Paul gave you numbers for. Keep in mind the numbers you see on the screen aren't actual part numbers.

Paul, are those superseded part numbers or ones from a different vehicle? I'm seeing traditional MR/MB part numbers that aren't superseded (based on a D31A model code). The ones you provided are also about 3x the price of some of the ones I found.

OP, if you want to PM me your VIN, I can get you exact part numbers for your car.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I don't even see those part numbers as opens for that part. I was seeing these possible two part numbers (rows have been highlighted in red) for that part on a 1999 2g N/T (D31A).

Maybe they all end up being the same thing or maybe you know something I don't - I'm just basing my info about what I see from ASA.

Those part numbers (MR129877/8) only show for a 2g AWD (along with these other chassis codes):

Sorry guys, my bad. I didn't realize the drum-in-disc setup differed between turbo and N/T. Do they? If so, how and why? Are the rotor sizes different? If so, that's pretty lame of Mitsu to have two different setups. I guess it wouldn't be the first example of lameness on their part.

It looks like the rotors are the same, but the parts he wants are different between AWD and FWD. All the FWD's use the same parts.

the parts he wants are different between AWD and FWD
Well that's still lame, but nevermind that. :) I guess maybe the routing of the p.brake cable might be a bit different. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

Hope you all had a good Christmas...and I appreciate the help..Snowborder I'll get that # to u sometime later 2day after work..from what I found it looks like it might share the same brake lever with the Stratus, Avenger and a few others..plan on going to the junkyard 2morrow..does anyone know offhand what size bolt is used to get the rotor itself off? I've never done a brake job before..Thanks again fellas..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back