The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Rear diff bushings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krygods

Proven Member
Mar 2, 2016
lakewood, California
I just finished dropping the rear sub frame in preparation of changing the rear diff bushings.

Anyone have experience pressing the new bushings in? What did you use between the bushing and the hammer to drive them in without marring up the aluminum part of the bushing?

Attachments

• DSC01686.JPG
    DSC01686.JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC01688.JPG
    DSC01688.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC01689.JPG
    DSC01689.JPG
    259.2 KB · Views: 202
I did mine with nuts,bolts and washers the same size or a little bigger than the outside diameter of the bushing sleeve. Used a good air impact and let the nut and bolts pull it into the subframe

I did mine with nuts,bolts and washers the same size or a little bigger than the outside diameter of the bushing sleeve. Used a good air impact and let the nut and bolts pull it into the subframe

Ahhhh, thanks for the tip. Sounds a lot better than beating on them with a hammer.

I made a make-shift press out of a pipe cap, threaded rod, two nuts, a couple washers, and plenty of grease when I replaced my sub-frame bushings last year. Using a hammer will not allow the bushings to set in straight. It worked well for the diff bushings and subframe mount bushings.

Here is the press I made (Home Depot):

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here is how to use the press:

Last edited:
Bushings went in no problem. I was too lazy to find bolts and washers so I just used 4x4 blocks and a 2lb beater.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back