The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Rear bash bar on 2G eclipse ..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stizzydrew

Proven Member
Nov 11, 2021
Los Angles, California
Sup guys I was thinking of doing a rear bash bar on my 2G… I’m pretty sure you only see them on RWD cars or drift cars but I actually love the style of it, it kinda opens the rear where you can see the exhaust and suspension components and it gives you an easy access to jack up the rear of the car and I think it also help for rear accidents too.
Yes it would all be custom because I’m sure they don’t sell pre made for eclipses unless any of you know a place online. But anyways what are some of your thoughts? I think it would be different and kinda cool.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It's definitely different...

The only 2 good things I can imagine off the top of my head are:
1: You'd achieve the look you want 2: You might possibly get some extra structural integrity to help with an accident.

But in all honesty if you're in a serious rear end accident these cars will fold up badly whether that's installed or not. I've been amazed with what I've seen at the junkyard. It seems like the spare tire is the most structural part of the rear end...

The downsides: adding extra weight, cutting up a good bumper, etc...

If it's what you truly feel like doing, then go for it and don't let people on a forum discourage you from doing so. I've always been the "aspiration chaser" and never cared much for other people's opinions (unless they were good LOL). I was just providing my honest opinion since you asked.

It's definitely different...

The only 2 good things I can imagine off the top of my head are:
1: You'd achieve the look you want 2: You might possibly get some extra structural integrity to help with an accident.

But in all honesty if you're in a serious rear end accident these cars will fold up badly whether that's installed or not. I've been amazed with what I've seen at the junkyard. It seems like the spare tire is the most structural part of the rear end...

The downsides: adding extra weight, cutting up a good bumper, etc...

If it's what you truly feel like doing, then go for it and don't let people on a forum discourage you from doing so. I've always been the "aspiration chaser" and never cared much for other people's opinions (unless they were good LOL). I was just providing my honest opinion since you asked.
Thanks for your opinion, yeah I was thinking of getting a new bumper like a oem genuine and cut that one and if I like it spray it match color so I don’t ruin the oem bumper. Im definitely gonna give it a shot in the upcoming weeks. Gotta save, prep , plan and talk to a few people about the project.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back