The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

rear axle seal

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

litlred515

Probationary Member
Sep 5, 2003
New_YorkUS
I'm about to purchase a 92 talon tsi awd and the guy told me that the rear axel seal needs to be replaced it was wondering how hard this is to do and how much would it cost for the part or to get done

It isn't hard, all you have to do is losen three or four bolts(depends on what rear end you have) that hold the axle to the rear wheel section, drop the axle and pull it from the center housing replace seal and then put axle back in, as far as price for someone to do it for you I don't know. Check the vfaq and see if there is a section to explain this step by step. Good luck.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back