The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

REALLY effective aerodynamic kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdrenilineCrash

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 9, 2002
Travis AFB, California
is there one that exists for a 1g? i recently read an article about aerodynamics and kits can help but are usually made for looks not efficiency. does anyone know of any kits that are proven to be beneficial to downforce and reduction of drag? price is not an obstacle. if its effective then i'll fork out the dough to buy it.

thanks!

-mike:dsm:

I know that bomex does a lot of good for aero(no 1G though) Maybe you could add some of those little winglet things on your front bumper kinda like the JGTC and drift cars. and then make your own rear diffuser, that would be awesome. Might work if you are willing to make it happen.

i dont know of any kits that are made for actual "aerodynamics" on a 1G dsm. the kits out on the market are more for show than anything else. if you want a REAL aero kit, you will probably have to design your own. which in my opinion, isnt worth the money...it has to be tested over and over, and you dont get your car back for 3-6 months...i was gonna have Erebuni Corp. do mine, but i found out how long it took and how much it costs...not quite.

they wanted my car left in their facility (in CA) for 2 up to 7 months...no guarantee on time. and they want anywhere from $4,000 up to $9,000...my car is only worth $2400!!!!!! LOL

btw, if you wanna check out Erebuni for any other kits...here is the link...just DO NOT look at the 1g's...they only have one, and it dont deserve to be called a kit. most of the other kits for the other cars are pretty cool though, they do a bunch of unique things, the "shogun" kits are the ones they design themselves.

www.erebunicorp.com

thanks! anyone else have input? also, how do you make a rear diffuser? and what is it (LOL)?

How many horses does it take to realize the benefit of a rear-diffuser? What benefits can be found using a front chin spoiler instead, if any?

It's not really horsepower than determines the efficiency. It's the speeds the car will be at.

i actualy was thinking of making a difuser myself too... there are websites that sell carbon fiber fabric very cheeply... its not so much the defuser as flat under body panals... if you want to reduce drag, cover the bottom of your car with flat pannals as much as posible...

"Aerodymics are for those that can't build a good engine" ~Enzo Ferrari

Originally posted by tsilover
"Aerodymics are for those that can't build a good engine" ~Enzo Ferrari

mr. ferrari is a dumbass! he may make nice cars but i bet he sends his cars through an air tunnel to se if they are aerodynamically sound.

you're really right, engine has nothing to do with it... infact the more powerful the engine, the more you need aero parts to keep your car on the ground

Enzo Ferrari died in 1988, and that famous quote of his was made long before anyone knew the importance of aerodynamics on race cars.

Here are some nice 1g aero pics:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Looks sweet, but can you say "overheat"? That car could only be ran on the strip or put in car shows.

Notice the big scoop in the hood that's meant to draw air through the radiator?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back