The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Real autometer gauges or fake?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gsxhero

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 7, 2012
santa rosa, California
Are these real or fake autometer gauges? [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Carbon-Mechanical-Vacuum-Autometer-30IN-HG/dp/B00C85OOUM/ref=sr_1_55?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1367503724&sr=1-55&keywords=autometer+boost]Carbon Fiber Face Mechanical Boost Vacuum Gauge Autometer 2" 52mm 30IN.HG/30PSI : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame] and this one [ame=http://www.ebay.com/itm/MECHANICAL-BOOST-VACUUM-GAUGE-AUTOMETER-ULTRALITE-2-52MM-30IN-HG-30PSI-/360617262038?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53f676bbd6&vxp=mtr]Mechanical Boost Vacuum Gauge Autometer Ultralite 2" 52mm 30in HG 30PSI | eBay[/ame] i searched about cheap gauges and found most people say most cheap gauges suck. some say they work, some say they might be off a few psi. most forums said to go with autometer for a good cheap gauge. thanks all. if that ebay one is a autometer. ill buy it. if not an autometer i wish i knew for sure if it worked. fits my budget perfectly. i need somthing that works good, i dont wanna over boost my car.

The pictures are not of authentic Auto Meter products to the best of my knowledge. A real one from the Carbon Fiber series would look like this.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Edit: Check the classifieds on this site, or try eBay to get a better price on an Auto Meter or other high quality gauge.

Last edited:
Yes the CF autometer gauges are great.Its autometer,come on.

I had the one posted in post 2.But it didnt have enough numbers for boost,so I got a 30-30.

thanks all. ill have to wait tell i get paid then and get one that actually says autometer on it.

That whole ad is a wreck. The header says "carbon fiber" but the description says "Auto Meter Ultra-Lite", which is a silver face gauge. And the image and part number are not that of an Autometer product. I'd steer clear.

When searching for Autometer gauges, it's best to search for the part number to be sure you're getting what you want. Autometer's 2-1/6" mechanical 30/30 boost gauge is part number 4703. So if you search "autometer 4703" on Amazon, you'll find the legitimate and correct product.

Everything from Auto Meter will have a 4 digit part number attached to it. Anything other than that should be considered a fake. In this case you paid to do your research and ask questions. Good for you my friend!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back